Friday 11 January 2013

Mid-priced high-end brushes / Pennelli di qualità di medio costo

Hey girls! :-)

I am back with another post on... make up brushes!! :-D They are a must in any woman's make up drawer and I just can't get enough of them! O_o Shame on me! :-)

Moving onto MID-PRICED BRUSHES, if you don't want to spend a ton of money on a make up brush, but still you are searching for a quality brush I think you could go for...

1. Zoeva Eye Set (link) 33€

The set has just been put up for sale.

2. Zoeva Face Set (link) 46€

Same as before. I YEARN FOR BOTH SETS! They are simply  A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. I'm obsessed with synthetic brushes because they're extremely soft, they're animal-cruelty free, they never shed, they don't cause allergies and they provide flawless make up application. I LOVE them.

3. Lauren Luke brushes (link) 42€


Those are DIVINE! So shiny and classy. They do seem high-end brushes but, I don't know, I can't make up my mind on buying them because of their natural bristles - I prefer by far synthetic bristles because they are easier to clean, they don't shed at all when I wash them and they are softer (the only natural bristles I tried were Sigma brushes). I heard a lot of good reviews on this set, so I would have bought it right away if it wasn't for the natural bristles.

If you tried Lauren Luke or Zoeva sets, could you please leave a comment with your opinion? I would appreciate it a lot because both of them are trusted brands but I don't know if it's better to put money into a natural brush set or a synthetic brush set.

Sigma Travel Kit (link) 49€

The only natural brushes I own are the ones included in the Sigma Travel Kit Nice in Pink (now discontinued). They are pretty much the same as the new travel kit apart from 2 brushes (in italic).
The old kit in pink included:

E30 - Pencil
E40 - Tapered Blending
E55 - Eye Shading
F30 - Large Powder
F40 - Large Angled Contour
F70 - Concealer
F50 - Duo Fibre
+ F60 - Foundation (for free)


(The ELF powder brush is to give a comparison) Sigma Travel Kit 2011

Downside - the three brushes with the black bristles lose colour everytime you wash them and almost all of the brushes tend to shed while being washed. I heard that natural brushes tend to have this problem... but they're still quality brushes!

The new travel kit includes:
E30 - Pencil
E40 - Tapered Blending
E55 - Eye Shading
F30 - Large Powder
F40 - Large Angled Contour
F60 - Foundation
E65 - Small Angle
It doesn't have a brush roll but a brush holder.
I think that the new set is much better than the old one. Well done, Sigma!

Hope this helps! ;-)

x

Roby

No comments: